Experienced Xero Set Up and Customisation Specialists
We can help set up your new Xero datafile and customise the settings and invoice template specific to your individual business requirements.
Customise your invoice with your logo to make you look more professional.
Set up your Xero email settings to save yourself time and energy.
Add credit card payments to your invoice template so you get paid faster and you on-charge the credit card fees.
We are working BAS agents and experienced bookkeepers who use Xero all day, every day for a number of small businesses in a number of industries.
Xero Setup & Customisation
Xero Subscription 30 Day Free Trial
- We will set you up on Xero with a free trial for 30 days.
- We usually then receive a special code for 3 months at half price or better which is Xero Partner related only but carries over to you once we transfer the subscription over to you.
Xero Setup Special Offer – 50% off for up to SIX months
We are currently offering a discount on our setup session plus 50% off your monthly Xero subscription for up to 6 months.
Initial Xero Training
- We provide practical initial training during this initial setup process so you can be up and running, invoicing clients in no time.
- Xero is a practical program best learnt by using it but it is always good to have some professional guidance and training to begin with plus we offer ongoing telephone and email support afterwards should you need it.
- We find most clients we set up on Xero come back for a further couple of hours training after a few weeks so we can check what they have been doing and give them a bit of feedback and answer any questions they may have.
Xero Back-End Defaults
- We will start from the beginning with your Organisational settings which include your business name, ABN, address, website, etc.
- Next we move onto your Financial settings to make sure you are set up for GST or not, monthly or quarterly BAS, PAYG withholding if you are an employer, etc
Chart of Accounts
- Next we go over your Chart of accounts, we make sure you have your default GST codes set up right. We add new accounts specific to your business and remove ones which will never be needed.
- We make sure your ledger accounts are categorised so that your expenses and income come into your Profit and Loss and your assets and liabilities show up in your Balance Sheet
Reporting and Customisation
- We will explain about reporting and customisation so you can produce the reports you need for your business.
Invoice Templates and Customisation
- We will set up your Invoice template to look professional including adding your logo if you have one.
- It is important to have your trading terms and bank details on your invoice correctly.
- We can also customise the standard Xero invoice template to suit your specific business needs.
Email Templates and Customisation
- We can set up your standard email templates for your invoices, statements, quotes, etc so you don’t need to type up each one individually.
- The standard ones in Xero do not have very good wording for a professional business.
- You can always edit the email or add to it each time if you need to and send a copy of the email to yourself as a default so you have a copy for your records.
Bank Accounts and Bank Feeds
- We set up your bank accounts in Xero
- Then set up the bank feeds if you bank with one of the big four banks, they are fairly straight forward to get started so you can see your bank transactions feed into Xero almost instantly.
- For some other banks, the process takes a little while longer and the process is different.
- From experience, we know which banks have caused issues in the past so if the feeds don’t start when they should, we will contact Xero support on your behalf to speed up the process.
- We will bring in your missing bank transactions back to your set up date or the date you started your business so you have all of your transactions in Xero for the full financial year or period required.
- Reconciling the bank in Xero to your physical bank account is a very important part of the whole Xero setup procedure. We will make sure the balance in Xero reflects your actual bank account balance so you can be assured there are none missed or doubled up.
Transaction Coding and Bank Rules
- learn how to code your bank transactions easily by setting up a bank rule for recurring transactions.
- email your paperwork into Xero so that you have a bill in the system for easy reference
- code one off transactions to the relevant ledger account.
- run a report to view your account transactions so you can view all of your account codings.
Need to Get your Accounts Up to Date
- Once we have completed your Xero setup, we can get your accounts up to date if required.
Xero Payroll, Superannuation & STP Setup
After that, if you need to set up employees, payroll and STP, we recommend that you book in for a separate training session. Payroll is complicated and we don’t like to rush or make mistakes.
- After your initial Xero setup, you will need to pay Xero a monthly subscription.
- This starts at $52 a month for most standard small businesses with 1 or 2 employees.
- If you have employees, sign up for the $65 plan so you can use the Xero Auto Superannuation option.
- For very small new business, we can setup a Xero Partner Plan starting at $25 a month so you can get used to Xero before signing up for the standard subscription
Benefits of Using Xero
- Cloud based bookkeeping which you can use it on either a Mac or PC
- You can use Xero on your phone or tablet or ipad because it is web based
- Xero is always up to date, therefore you don’t need to update software all the time
- You can have as many users as you like on Xero and grant them various levels of access so they only see what you want them to.
- We can see what you have done straight away in Xero so we can assist in real time.
- Payroll is easy once it is setup correctly.
- Xero is STP compliant and is easy to do once it is setup correctly.
- Paying your superannuation for your employees is easy if you set up the Xero auto super option.
One Off Xero Invoice Customisation Service
Not really liking the standard Xero invoice template?
Our Xero invoice template customisation service allows you to override the standard template. Have a better design, include your bank details, address, logo, move columns, make them wider or smaller, add your trading terms and conditions, etc.
Integrated Xero Apps and Add Ons
Find and connect beautiful apps for your business.
There are more than 700+ apps and add ons which integrate with Xero helping small business with their daily practices.
Speak to one of our consultants to determine which Xero add-on tools could be beneficial for you.
Additional Training, Telephone & Email Support
You may decide to book in for a little more Xero training so you can have your questions answered.
We have different types of Xero training. You can view more details on our Xero Training page.
You can access our Xero support via email or a telephone call because we know it can be frustrating at times.
As a result, you will feel more confident coding your transactions yourself. We can check your codings and edit them easily should we need to.
Finally, you may like to sign up for our supervisory service where we review your accounts and prepare your BAS
Free No Obligation Consultation
We offer a free no obligation 15 minute telephone consultation to discuss your requirements.