What is the best online accounting software for Small Business?
At Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions, we specialise in Xero accounting software being Xero Advisors and a Xero Gold Partner. We believe this is the best option for most small or mid size business. We will discuss your individual requirements to see if it is actually right for you.
Is my financial data safe using Xero accounting software?
- At Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions, all of your bookkeeping is completed by our local Sydney bookkeepers, we do not outsource any of our bookkeeping overseas.
- We will not disclose any of your information to any other party before written consent from you.
- If you are using Xero accounting software, your information is in the cloud, we have no control over this but we are assured that they are very diligent with security.
What does a Good Bookkeeper do?
- Bookkeeping involves recording and classifying all the financial transactions in your business. It is keeping track of what your business spends and what your business receives. It gives you an understanding of how your business is performing on a current basis if kept to date so you can make informed decisions.
- At Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions we provide the following bookkeeping services:
- Everyday bookkeeping services
- Catch up bookkeeping services
- Preparation and lodgement of Business Activity Statements (BAS)
- Quarterly financial reporting
- Payroll processing and management
- Single Touch Payroll and STP2 compliance
- Software setup specifically Xero accounting software
- Software training specifically Xero accounting software
- Xero support and assistance
Can a Bookkeeper help with Payroll and STP?
Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions can help setting up your payroll correctly in Xero, enter in new employees, run regular payroll, set up superannuation for payment and file the STP pay events where necessary. We can also complete the year end STP finalisation and lodge the Icare actual wages declarations for you.
What is the difference between a Bookkeeper and an Accountant?
A bookkeeper takes care of gathering and recording your financial transactions on a regular basis so that you can produce meaningful reports to understand how your business is performing in real time. They also prepare and lodge your BAS, IAS, run your payroll, organise payment of your superannuation and other various tasks that are specific to your business.
An accountant advises on the best business structure to suit your business and tax planning purposes. They also analyse your data and offer suggestions and financial advice for your best tax outcome. They also take care of producing annual financial reports and preparing and lodging Company and personal income tax returns. They may also provide ASIC the required information needed if you are trading as a Company structure.
Who Uses a Bookkeeper?
Everybody uses a bookkeeper to take care of their finances and to lodge quarterly BAS, year end income tax returns, payroll processing, superannuation calculation and STP reporting. It may be the business owner, the wife or partner, an in-house bookkeeper or a contract bookkeeper or tax agent or accountant.
As a tradie, builder or small business owner, you would probably prefer to work in your business rather than on your accounts.
The last thing you want to do is come home from a hard day on the tools to a pile of receipts and other bookkeeping issues that need your urgent attention.
Builders and tradesmen also need to be aware of if and when they need to register for GST, how much money needs to be put aside for the GST, PAYG and income tax liability accruing whilst they go about their business earning money. No one likes a huge tax bill so it is best to be on top of your bookkeeping so you can see these figures very clearly on a current basis.
If you choose to use a contract bookkeeper like Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions, they can set you up with an easy system to gather your paperwork and receipts. They will contact you when your quarterly BAS is due, request any other information they may need so they can prepare your BAS accurately and efficiently and on time. They will also let you know how much you need to pay and when so you are all up to date and fully compliant with no risk of any penalties or late fees.
A good bookkeeper is an investment in your business and an integral part of your business growth and success.
Is it worth paying a Bookkeeper?
A good bookkeeper can help you to save time and energy on your bookkeeping and organise your paperwork so it is easy to keep track of.
They can save you ATO fines and penalties by making sure that all of your BAS and other ATO compliance is prepared and lodged on time.
You get to focus more on your business and the day to day operations whilst your bookkeeper does the back end accounting and bookwork to keep your accounts up to date.
You get to make informed business decisions based on current up to date financial information.
How much does a Bookkeeper cost?
- The cost of a Bookkeeper can vary widely depending on the bookkeeper’s experience and qualifications.
- An experienced bookkeeper may be able to complete your bookkeeping tasks in less time than an inexperienced bookkeeper using the latest software and technology and their hourly rate would reflect this.
- You would also expect a more experienced bookkeeper and BAS agent to have better audit and reconciliation processes so you could be certain that everything is in order should you get audited by the Australian Taxation Office down the track.
- We prefer to offer set price bookkeeping packages at Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions to cover all of the services you require. This is great for your budgeting and cashflow and you won’t get any nasty surprises.
- When considering a new bookkeeper, you should take into account the costs involved in having office space and paying wages and superannuation to an employee.
- Review our pricing information here
Do I still need a Bookkeeper if I am using Xero accounting software?
Xero accounting software is a great new software program designed to make bookkeeping easy for small or mid size businesses in Australia and all around the world. The problem is not everyone has the time to code off and reconcile their transactions in Xero on a regular basis, especially small business owners who are working in their business all day. The last thing they need is to do bookkeeping at night. Bookkeepers can help relieve that stress, they can code off and reconcile your accounts on a regular basis, making sure the ledger account and GST are correct, then use this information to prepare and lodge your monthly or quarterly Business Activity Statement or BAS accurately and on time.
What should you look for in a new Sydney bookkeeper?
- A good Bookkeeper should have experience & qualifications
- Local bookkeepers will give you personalised service so you are not just another number
- Certified Xero Advisors need to keep up to date to keep their certification
- Registered BAS agents – only registered BAS agents can be paid to prepare and lodge a BAS
- For Xero training, it is good to have someone who is a qualified trainer with a Cert IV in Training & Assessment like Coralie Downie, an Ex Tafe Teacher
- Find someone who uses up to date technology and software
- You want a bookkeeper who works as part of a team so you know if your regular account manager is not available for some reason, you will always have a point of contact and your book work will be kept up to date
- We believe a good bookkeeper does not outsource their work out to overseas contractors as our Northern Beaches locals understand the Australian bookkeeping system and GST and you do not risk the safety of your data
What are the benefits of outsourcing your Bookkeeping to a Virtual Contract Bookkeeper on the Northern Beaches?
- If you are currently paying an employee to take care of your books, you need to worry about all of the aspects of payroll and compliance, plus pay for holidays and sick or carers leave. With a remote bookkeeper such as Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions, we take care of everything and you only pay one monthly set price.
- A good bookkeeper is an investment in your business.
- Let us take care of your bookkeeping so you can take care of running your business.
Does Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions offer a free no obligation consultation?
We offer a free no obligation 15 minute initial consultation. Please book in using our contact form or give us a call now. If we are busy or with a client, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
How long has Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions been offering bookkeeping services on the Northern Beaches?
We have been assisting businesses with their bookkeeping and BAS for over twelve years now.
Are Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions Qualified and Registered BAS Agents?
Yes, we currently have three qualified and registered BAS Agents working in our business. A bookkeeper needs to be registered as a BAS Agent if they are providing paid GST or BAS services. BAS Agents require a degree of education, qualifications and experience so you know your accounts are in good hands.
What Type of Small Businesses does Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions assist with their Bookkeeping Services?
- Small business
- Mid size business
- Start ups
- Landscape gardeners
- Carpet layers
- Speech Therapists
- Finance brokers
- Retail businesses
- Online retail
- School Parent & Citizen Associations
- Uber driver
- Truck driver
- Tutoring business
- Property Maintenance
- A real variety of businesses in different industries and size
How does the Bookkeeping process work at Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions?
- We use a very easy to use app called Dext to gather your paperwork, all you need to do is take a photo or forward on the attachment and we do the rest.
- We code off all of your bank transactions to the appropriate ledger accounts.
- We email you a list of any unallocated transactions we need paperwork for or explanations.
- We prepare your BAS and send out financial reports and the BAS for signing electronically.
- Once you sign, we lodge your BAS and all you need to do is pay before the due date.
Can Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions help us with our Bookkeeping if we are using MYOB or Quickbooks?
We prefer to use Xero accounting software for all of our clients now as we feel that it provides the best option in regards to pricing, flexibility and convenience. If you do currently use MYOB or Quickbooks, we can assist you to convert over to Xero.
Can Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions assist us with converting to Xero from MYOB or Quickbooks?
As professional bookkeepers, we understand that Xero accounting software may not be the right bookkeeping solution for every business. We can advise if Xero will work for you and assist with the conversion over from MYOB or Quickbooks if you wish to go ahead.
Can Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions help us get our accounts in order and up to date?
We love a good catch up job, we can assist you with getting your accounts up to date if they have been a bit neglected or your current bookkeeper has retired or moved on.
Do Northern Beaches Bookkeeping Solutions offer On-Site Bookkeeping Services?
Unfortunately, we do not have anyone who is available to come to your office at the moment but ask us about setting your business up on Xero cloud accounting software so you can work from anywhere and we can assist you remotely with your bookkeeping and BAS.
How do I get started with my new Northern Beaches Bookkeeper?
- Once we have had our initial free no obligation initial consultation and you are happy to come on board, we ask you to invite us into your Xero file if you have one already set up or we will arrange a day and time to have you visit our office to set your business up on a new Xero datafile.
- We review your current Xero file if you have one and advise if any additional work is required to get you up to date.
- We set you up on our Dext software to gather your paperwork easily.
- We send out our authority form to add you onto our BAS agent portal and other forms where needed.
- We take care of your accounts on a regular basis and prepare and lodge your BAS so you don’t have to worry about your ATO compliance.
Would a Bookkeeper sign a Non-Disclosure or Confidentiality Agreement?
We are more than happy to sign a Non Disclosure or Confidentiality Agreement if you request us to as long as we don’t need to engage a lawyer to read all the fine print. As registered BAS agents we have confidentiality conditions and terms that form part of our BAS agent licence.