JobKeeper Payment extension 2 starts soon
The second JobKeeper Payment extension starts from Monday 4 January 2021.
It covers the JobKeeper fortnights between Monday 4 January 2021 and Sunday 28 March 2021.
- if you are eligible for JobKeeper extension 2 you will need to complete a new decline in turnover test
- the payment rates for your eligible employees will change
- if you are new to JobKeeper you can enrol in the program to participate in the remaining fortnights.
To support you over December and January we have extended some reporting dates.
For JobKeeper fortnight 20 (Monday 21 December 2020 to Sunday 3 January 2021):
- You will have until the end of Monday 4 January 2021 to pay your employees (meet the wage condition).
- Business monthly declarations for JobKeeper fortnights 18, 19 and 20 are now due 28 January 2021.
For JobKeeper fortnights 21 and 22 (starting Monday 4 January 2021 and Monday 18 January 2021):
- You will have until Sunday 31 January 2021 to meet the wage condition for your eligible employees.
This is to make sure that you have paid your eligible employees before claiming JobKeeper payments in your February monthly business declarations.
Check out more information on the ATO website: https://www.ato.gov.au/Newsroom/smallbusiness/Employers/JobKeeper-Payment-extension-2-starts-soon/?sbnews20201216