Employers have to give every new employee a copy of the Fair Work Information Statement (the FWIS) before, or as soon as possible after, they start their new job.
Employers also have to give every new casual employee a copy of the Casual Employment Information Statement (the CEIS) at the same time.
The FWIS provides new employees with information about their conditions of employment.
Download the Fair Work Information Statement .
The FWIS is also available in a number of different languages in our Language help section.
The FWIS has information on:
- the National Employment Standards
- right to request flexible working arrangements
- modern awards
- making agreements under the Fair Work Act 2009
- individual flexibility arrangements
- freedom of association and workplace rights (general protections)
- termination of employment
- right of entry
- the role of the Fair Work Ombudsman and the Fair Work Commission
- This information can be found on the Fairwork website – please refer to this for up to date information https://www.fairwork.gov.au/employment-conditions/national-employment-standards/fair-work-information-statement
Do you need some assistance with setting up new employees? We can assist with our Xero Payroll set up and training services https://northernbeachesbookkeepingsolutions.com.au/xero-payroll-setup-training/