The JobMaker Hiring Credit could mean that your business will receive payments for new positions you create.
Eligible employers will receive payments of up to:
- $200 a week – for each eligible employee aged 16 to 29 years old
- $100 a week – for each eligible employee aged 30 to 35 years old.
To be eligible, your business must meet criteria including:
- holding an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- being registered for pay as you go (PAYG) withholding
- reporting through Single Touch Payroll
- being up to date with income tax and GST lodgement obligations
- not falling into any of the exclusion categories.
The new positions must increase both your employee headcount and payroll.
- The total employee headcount must increase by a minimum of one additional employee from the date of 30 September 2020.
- The payroll for the reporting period must increase compared to the three months to 6 October 2020.
There are specific dates relevant to both eligibility and payment. Check out the ATO website for more details.